Thursday 19 March 2015

My music magazine advert for the album

Here is my finished piece


I used photoshop to create the advert because after using it for other products I have become fluent with it's use. I researched the dimensions for a magazine page and adjusted the canvas size to fit. Pages within a magazine are between 190mm to 210mm wide and 277mm to 297mm height. I decided to make mine slightly more even but still well within the tolerance.


My choice of colour for the banner is the same shade of blue as the title on the album cover. A colour scheme I am using is pink and blue, which is the iconic colour displayed on the album cover, the website for Jack and now the advert. If Jack were to become a famous celebrity it would be his signature colour scheme. I have the larger banner across the bottom with the main information, however I also decided to add a small strip along the top with the website url. I didn't want to clutter the bottom with lots of information, and I also thought the top looked slightly bare. The Jessie J advert doesn't have a banner along the top, however the Kins of Leon advert does. I assume it is entirely down to artist or editor preference.



























The information I added in the bottom was somewhat inspired more by the Jessie J advert because I feel as an artist she is closer to the genre of music Jack creates. Seen as it is his first album I said his "debut album", the name of the album just to make it clearer, and also just a reminder that the album contains his new single. I didn't put the name of the single because the album is already the name of the song. I also decided to add a release date so people know when it is out, or when it came out to encourage them to get it soon.

I added an iTunes download icon and the YouTube logo because the video would be exhibited on YouTube on a channel such as Vevo. The magazine this ad would most likely be in is "We Pop" because it is aimed at young people who like pop music.

No comments:

Post a Comment