Friday 6 March 2015

Website format

For the website, the main colours I have used are pink and blue. This is to keep with the colours on the album cover which are the same. I wanted to keep the colours as close as possible in an attempt to create continuity, also to make it obvious I am parodying the original.

I like the background image as the album cover with Jack slightly offset, also how he appears both at the beginning and the end. Roughly halfway down the page his face is blocked by the tour dates and the music video. This adds a certain dynamic to the website, it creates layers which makes the page more interesting. Also as you scroll Jack remains still and the content moves, or if you see it the other way then as you move down so does Jack. However the audience view it, I think the movement keeps the website interesting.

One aspect I may change from some feedback I received is possibly removing the song title from the background image, as it appears somewhat messy? Scrolling up and down, there is no position where the writing is completely unblocked, the edges are just about visible either side of the news feed so I may just remove it and keep Jack. I had made the first box on the news feed slightly transparent to reveal the title below, however the image on the box still blocks the words.


No comments:

Post a Comment