Tuesday 31 March 2015

Survey

I was unable to print my survey directly as I used Survey Monkey which doesn't allow you to print unless you pay. I re typed it on word and printed it out for everyone in my media room to fill in. I also handed it to people in my sixth form who meet my target audience requirements. I asked the participants to watch my video before filling in the survey.



I had intended to produce a graph or table showing the results of my survey, however out of the ten questions, seven require a qualitative answer which is hard to show through a graph or table. Instead I will discuss the results in further detail below. I asked 20 people to do my survey, all of which meet my target audience requirements, and I am not friends with all of the people who did my survey to ensure the results were not to protect my feelings.

Question 1- Every person that took my survey said they enjoyed my video, this tells me my product definitely appeals to my target audience.

Question 2- Again every participant had seen the original so they were aware that I had created a parody video.

Question 3- I had mixed results for question three, none of which were disappointing. 1 person claimed it did not resemble the original at all, 3 people said it resembled the original moderately and the remaining 16 people said it was a very close representation. My fourth option was incase the person couldn't answer because they haven't seen the original. The results for this question show that I successfully recreated recognisable shots from the original.

Question 4- Out of 20 people, 1 claimed it was not clear my video was a parody, the other 19 agreed that it was clear. I consider this to be an outlier as they are the only person who didn't think it was clear. Furthermore 1 person saying it is not clear is not enough to influence me to make significant changes to my video.

Question 5- 14 people claimed they found my video very funny which is a great response from my audience, whilst 6 others claimed it was okay. I am glad nobody ticked the "not remotely funny" option, these results prove I have succeeded in producing a parody which people find funny.

Question 6- The ages of the participants range from 17-19. This age bracket fits into my target audience of young people aged 15-25 which is a guideline to the age group I think would understand that my video is a parody.

Question 7- I purposefully handed my survey to 10 males and 10 females in order to find out which gender preferred my video. It seemed that more males found my video funny than females, I assume this is because they are more amused by another male making a fool of himself.

Question 8- Interestingly every option was ticked by people, the least picked was Vimeo with only 6 people. Youtube, Spotify and iTunes were all more or less equally popular, the most common "other" option was pirated music from the internet or through an app.

Question 9- I received different opinions for this question. 11 people said they would only recommend it to a friend, 4 people would only recommend to a family member, and 5 would recommend to both. Nobody said they wouldn't recommend it. Clearly recommending the video to a friend is the favourite option, this is most likely because they know their friends will also find it funny because they too may fit my target audience.

Question 10- The most common social networks people used were Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The purpose behind this question was to find out where it would be the most effective to advertise my products to my target audience, clearly Facebook and Twitter are ideal whereas I think I might struggle to advertise through Instagram because it is mainly just used as Twitter without the words.


Overall the results were very useful, everyone seemed to enjoy my video which was my main aim. The survey was anonymous to ensure people didn't just answer to be nice, and also to make sure they gave me honest opinions. After analysing my results it is clear to me that I have fulfilled the needs of my target audience and succeeded in producing a funny parody music video which they all enjoyed, some more than others, but none the less found it amusing. The survey was filled in after I had finished my final version of the video, I have used these results as a form of evaluation rather than using them to make changes to my video. I feel that no matter how many surveys I produced asking people which parts could be better I would never be able to take every single piece of advice on board. However I feel the way I have chosen to utilise my results is more beneficial to me and for my development as a producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment