Thursday 19 March 2015

Research into music magazine adverts

In order to produce my own advert I first identified what an album advert should look like in a magazine. Some examples I found are Jessie J and Kings of Leon. Both adverts appear to be very similar with regards to layout, however they both feature different information in the lower portion. The most obvious similarity between the two is the album cover takes up around two thirds of the page, with the bottom section containing information about the release including dates, tracks and where it can be downloaded etc.

Here is the advert for Jessie J's album "Who you are"


Here is the album cover for Kings of Leon "_only_by_the_night"


I used both of these adverts for reference when I produced my own for Jack. I followed the same structure with the album cover itself being the biggest segment, and adding the information into the bottom portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment