Tuesday 10 February 2015

Class review

I showed the first edit of my music video to my A2 media class to get some feedback on how to improve. Just about everyone was able to enjoy it with plenty of laughs which is exactly what I wanted, even the people who don't know Jack so aren't just laughing at his misfortune. Everybody in my media group is between the ages of 17-19 which fits my target audience of young people aged from 13 to around 20.

The aim of making this video wasn't solely to appeal to people within that age bracket, but to entertain those who have seen the original and either didn't like it, or just find mine funny. I figured the original video would've been seen by young people aged around 13 because that's the age where teenagers start getting into their music therefore when the song was released it would've been very popular with that age group.

Similarly with older young people aged 20, they are internet conscious and listen to the latest songs in the charts, which Call Me Maybe would've been on when it was released. Therefore all the people within that age bracket should recognise that my video is a parody and can laugh at it. The response I got from my class shows that I have appealed to the right age bracket.

The feedback was mostly positive with some ideas on changes to make, as it was only the first edit. Unfortunately due to the unavailability of the actors I have used I was unable to re film, so all the changes suggested needed to take into account that I can only make changes post filming in the editing stage. Certain suggestions such as removing certain clips and replacing them with something slightly better were unfortunately not fulfilled as I have no footage I can replace them with. I have already used the best clips from all that we filmed which included one repeat of a shot, however it is very hard to notice.

I recorded the group giving me feedback and have uploaded it to Vimeo, I will put a link in this post. A popular idea was to record Jack singing the song and replace Carly's voice with his. I had already planned to do this therefore I removed the section from the video because most of it is me explaining how I intended to do it which I have covered in another blog post. Also I had to reduce the length of the video significantly as Vimeo only permits a certain amount of upload-able data to users.


No comments:

Post a Comment