Friday 27 February 2015

Website homepage

I am using Wix to create my website homepage for Jack's single, as one of my ancillary products. The brief states that I only need to create a website homepage, therefore none of the other pages will link to anything. In order to avoid it looking like I never finished, any page link will link to this blog post. I have linked the Vimeo button to my Vimeo account, and the blogger link to my blog, however all other buttons will just link to this post.

I have used Carly Rae's website for ideas on how to structure a pop artist website.


As you can see the tabs along the top take you to other sections of the website including tour, music, photos, videos, store etc. I have taken this and created buttons on my website linked to similar pages where the audience and fans can find out more about Jack and other content. However seen as I only have to create the homepage there is no other content. Sorry to all of Jack's fans. 

The image above is actually the news page of the website, the first page presented when you click on the website link is just an image. I assume this image changes from time to time. I have created a page which somewhat resembles this page, however I have combined some other elements into it seen as I am only creating one page, I need to squeeze more content in. I have taken the news feed idea because I think it's a good way of keeping fans up to date. Also my target audience (insert here) is technologically literate and will want to check the latest news, making it an important feature of the website. 

I also like the large image on the screen of Carly, just to remind you that you're on her website. I have used the album cover image of Jack for the background because similarly to the way Carly's website has an image which is updated as the first thing you see, I think that the release of his new album is the most important piece of new, therefore I have made the cover the actual background of the homepage. 


Here is a screenshot of the actual website published on the internet. Wix allows you to make changes and update the website as you go, so nothing has been finalised yet. 

This is the top of the page. You can see the tabs to other pages, links to social networking because the target audience of the pop genre are usually heavy users of social networks. There is a gap on the right, at first I saw this as empty space that needed to be filled, however once I changed the background I have changed my mind. I think it makes it clearer that the background is actually a feature of the website, it's like a window really. 

Here is a view lower down the page. 


The news feed is located on the left hand side of the screen. There are numerous posts about events in Jack's celebrity career. I chose to do this because pop artists tend to be in magazines and other media in the "gossip" section. The news about pop artists isn't usually news as much as it is gossip., hence my choice to style it in that way. 

On the right hand side are some tour dates and cities, so fans can see when he will be touring. Just below the tour dates is a link to the music video. I have embedded the video also however the HD version can only be watched on Vimeo. 

I was surprised looking through Carly's website as it appears to be heavily unformatted. 


Maybe I should send her a link to my website, see if she is interested in taking some ideas. 

Here is the link to my website: http://calman117.wix.com/officialjackramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment