Friday 6 February 2015

Voiceover

I recorded Jack singing the song on my iPhone using the voice memos app. From this app I was able to email them to myself, open the email on a computer and transfer it to a memory stick. I then transferred it from the memory stick into the mac and uploaded it to final cut pro. Finding a version of the original song without lyrics, an instrumental version, was rather challenging. I eventually managed to find a version on a website as a music video without singing, which I again emailed to myself thinking I could repeat the steps from before.

However it would not allow me to transfer the song from the email to the computer, so I had to take it a few steps further. I downloaded an app on my phone which converted videos into downloads. It took some effort and actually downloading two different apps but I eventually managed to get the song saved to my phone. From there I did the same using a memory stick on the computer and uploaded it to the mac.



I replaced the original video which I had been using to line up the lip sync to Jack, with the instrumental track. I detached the audio and deleted the footage leaving me with just the instrumental soundtrack. I then had to edit all of the audio from Jack's voice to line up with the music and the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment