Tuesday 10 February 2015

White balance

Some shots of my video are very white. I attempted to fix this using the white balance however this just made the footage look terrible. The problem is the light exposure from outside, which I can't do too much about without making the entire shot darker. I played with the colour board and contrast settings on final cut and was able to make the shot less white, however I did not like the look of this.

This is the original footage with no filter. The sky is very bright however this is without the filter.


 This is the version from my video with the "artificial light" filter similar to the one used in the original video, giving it a yellowish hue.


This is what I managed to create using the contract controls on Final cut. The whites are slightly darker yet I think it looks too dark and yellow. I therefore have decided to stick with the middle option.

No comments:

Post a Comment